Main Article Content
This study aimed to identify the role of small- and medium-sized tourism enterprises in achieving sustainable development in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia. The study followed a descriptive methodology and tested causal relationships using a simple random sample of about 363 respondents. The study reached several conclusions, the most important of which are as follows:
- There is a positive role for small and medium enterprises in the tourism sector in the Eastern Province to achieve sustainable development through economic and environmental methods.
- The COVID-19 pandemic negatively affected the small and medium enterprises of the tourism sector in the Eastern Province in achieving sustainable development.
- The social dimension’s role was not sufficient to help small and medium tourism enterprises achieve sustainable development in the Eastern Province.
- The investment environment pushes small and medium enterprises in the tourism sector to achieve sustainable development.
- Financing has low impact on helping small and medium tourism enterprises achieve sustainable development.